HOW TO RECEIVE CHRIST
If you do not understand how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, here is a way of explaining the good news of salvation using only verses from the Book of Romans
1) Acknowledge that you are a sinner.
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
2) Know that all sin leads to death.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
3) Know that there is hope through a Savior!
Romans 6:23b But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
4) Confess your sins to God.
Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:13 For, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
5) Have a relationship with God.
Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
6) Realize God’s promise
Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
7) Say a simple prayer to God acknowledging your sin and that you deserve the punishment of death, state that you believe that Jesus came and took the death penalty for your sins, and because of your faith in God you know that you can be saved and forgiven and that you place your trust in Jesus Christ.
Scriptures quotations are from THE HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION®, NIV® Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission.
All rights reserved worldwide.